Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Triumph of the Will


I was out of town all weekend... and it's been raining so far all week. So, my getting out on the road has been delayed... But a highlight of late was my ride on the back of Kirk's Triumph Bonneville, Pistol Pete. It's a nice bike and a was a really nice, smooth (and, not to mention, quiet) ride. Thanks Kirk. Can't wait for a ride in the side car of the Ural!

Other motorcycle news... I had known for awhile that my dad had owned a motorcycle when he was young, but I never knew it was a cool (albeit small) bike. All I know at this point, is that it was a Ducati 350. Based on my internet research, I'm figuring it was a 350 Mark 3 D. I don't know what color it was, but it would have been similar to this:


I think it would be cool to get one at some point. I think it would be a good size for me, even if Kirk thinks I'd be better off with a 750cc Triumph... But I think he's a little biased.

3 comments:

  1. Whoever owns that bike must one be one cool cat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be an awesome bike, but a headlight cover? C'mon; that's a little frou-frou, no? :-)

    Anyway, I'm proud of you Vick; I hope that the next test goes well tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are you kidding, you know you love it. My only concern is the safety aspect. Isn't your headlight supposed to be on at all times?

    ReplyDelete