Friday, August 17, 2007

50,000,000 Stella Fans Can't Be Wrong

I went out on the field again yesterday.
Nereida's entire family rode their bikes down to watch me practice. I had to redeem myself in the eyes of the kids, since I had met with the schoolyard fence under their little watchful eyes. And they wouldn't let me forget it.
The family with the two dogs and boys playing soccer was there again. I was not intimidated this time, though. I zipped around the field once, and when I came back, one by one, everyone took a ride with me – from little Jacob, who was scared at first, but who once we got going, picked his head up and exclaimed, "This is awesome!!!"... all the way up to mom. When Tim arrived a little later, I also gave him a spin around the field.

I tested the limits of third gear. With Lani on back, I hit 20 mph (twice!) on the straightaway. And third gear pep allowed us to escape the jaws of the fiesty little terrier who broke free from his owner and ran straight at us... I zoomed away and left that puppy in the dust.

6 comments:

  1. "...left that puppy in the dust." Well, that wasn't nice!
    Speaking of puppies, while researching Ducatis yesterday, I found out one of their very first bikes was called the Ducati Cocciello (little puppy). Funny huh. It is decidedly un-puppy like however; more lobster-on-steroids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! You HAVE finally redemmed yourself. I don't know who had more fun you or the kids.
    Next up.....the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you rock. you look like a natural! 20 mph, 3rd gear, taking people for rides... you should take ME for a spin. go julep go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Vic! You're a pro! That picture of Tim riding cupcake is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vroom! Vroom! Go Speed Racer. Proud of you Smuggs. Soon you'll be sporting a tattoo.

    ReplyDelete