Saturday, July 21, 2007

You Can't Start a Scooter Without a Spark


Meet Tim, my scooter mechanic. We replaced the battery and spark plug. We knew the battery was not the reason why the bike wouldn't start, but replacing it would allow me to see the neutral light, and to try out the electric start. So, that would be nice. The spark plug, on the other hand, was our likely suspect.

And yeah, check it out:


The spark plug was indeed fouled (the area in the center is supposed to be a coffee and cream color... it's black). I'm pretty sure this happened when I dropped the bike. So, with the new battery and properly gapped spark plug in place, I turned the key, and tried out the electric start button. And... instantaneous ignition!!! Whoa! That's how it's supposed to work! And adding to my glee, the idle seemed nicer and more steady than it had before, too. Yay!


Only a couple days left to vote in my poll! Make your voice heard!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment