Wednesday, July 18, 2007

(Can't) Start Me Up



I tried getting on the bike again a week after "the incident". This time, were going to take her to a big grass field to practice... a more forgiving surface to fall on for all. But – big problem – we couldn't get her to start for anything. The electric start had never been an option, since the battery had been essentially dead since we got her. It was the ol' kick-start for Bruiser. So we knew the battery was not the issue. Still, we kicked it and kicked it, but got nothing. So, frustrated, I sat in the driveway, on my lifeless scooter. I practiced pulling in the clutch, shifting into first, and giving it a little throttle. Over, and over, and over, and over...


In the meantime, please take a few seconds to give me your opinion on my survey question to the right:


NEXT: replacing the battery and spark plug...

3 comments:

  1. i thought you put in the new battery & you're all set? hmm. it looks like you have a 3 way tie in the votes...

    can the baby and i ride your scooter someday?
    (just kidding) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll look into getting a child seat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. child seat. yessss
    i think you should drive it to work tomorrow. then, on our "walk" break, we could go to wendy's and get frostys. you know, break up the monotony.

    ReplyDelete