Wednesday, October 17, 2007

You're a Heart-braker. Don't you mess around.



I realized the other day that the ball on the end of my brake lever had broken off... Strangely enough, it had been several days before I had noticed.

I think it happened the night I rode Julep (with Nereida as passenger) over to Tiffany's for a girls' movie night. For the ride back home, I hopped on and decided to try the electric start. It didn't work, so, I had to get off and pull the scooter back onto the center stand in order to kick start it. Now, the street is on an incline, and I didn't realize that I was at the edge of the driveway, where it ramps down a little to the street. So when I pulled the scooter back onto the stand, the right leg of the stand was not fully supported and the scooter fell over on it's right side. $@#! I wasnt sure I was going to be able to get it upright by myself. But with a 1...2...3... aargh!!! I got it up, alright. It was dark, so I felt the cowl for scrapes or dents, but there didn't seem to be any damage done. It semed the kickstart lever must have taken the brunt of the impact and spared any painted surfaces. Whew!

But then the following Sunday, when I parking the bike in front of our house after my ride home from church, I realized the end of the brake lever had broken off! I guess THAT'S what had taken the brunt of the impact. oh, well... It's a $9 part, but I'm thinking I'll leave that repair to the pros (when I eventually get the front fender replaced). I didn't even realize it was incomplete while I was riding. It still works. It's definitely still rideable. I'm not putting her on the shelf for the season just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment